The sword is, as it were, consecrated to God; and the art of war becomes a part of our religion.” –Samuel Davies

Tuesday, February 28, 2012

Intro


This blog, Lord willing, will be a collection of my thoughts regarding those things I’ve been reading in regards to the theology and the history of colonial America.  Needless to say, much of what I hope to post will not be original.  We do indeed stand on the shoulders of great men and it is to those great men that I hope to turn our collective attention; to follow their example where they were right, and to eschew their errors where they were wrong.  As a living historian of that time period, I try to emulate those great men by re-creating (insofar as I may be able) the physical conditions under which they lived.  As an armchair historian, I seek to understand (insofar as I may be able) the way they thought.  I hope to open this “journey” to the examination of others, confident that the Lord will bless as He sees fit.

Semper Reformata,
Dale

No comments:

Post a Comment